Tuesday, October 9, 2012

happening: daddy

As we were anxiously waiting to find out if baby was a he or she, Jeffrey asked me, "Baby girl, why do you want a baby girl?" I told him that I wanted a best friend that would always be with me (at least until college). And I love the relationship and friendship I have with my momma. But more than anything, I want to see him fall in love with and pursue a mini me. :)

I think she's already got him wrapped around her little finger! Don't tell him I told you, but our date night a few weeks ago consisted of reading through this daddy-daughter blog and my strong husband cried a little! Sshhhh... I loved it.  This is what got to him: "My father and me going squirrel hunting—which actually consisted of us sitting in the woods together on a log, me talking his ear off. He never shot a single squirrel." So sweet! 

And yesterday when he was saying goodnight to baby, he confessed to her that she was making him a cry baby. It melt my heart!

I made him these...because I want to see him cry (happy tears) again. :)
But mostly to remind him of the privileges and blessings that come along with being a daddy!


similar quote seen on Pinterest.


I'm going to get them printed and framed. Should I give it to him during the baby shower (this weekend! can't wait to see all of my family and friends!!)? Or when she gets here? 


I love her daddy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this Psalm 127:3-5 quote! You need to sell your stuff for people like me who are woefully inept at computer things!

    ReplyDelete