Monday, April 8, 2013

home tour: living room

I love seeing people's home for inspiration. And because I'm nosy... Haha. Really, though! ;)
Since we've moved to New Orleans and unpacked, I never really felt like our home was "finished." Our apartment doubled in size since I was towing Ella, but our home furniture and decorations did not. So I had to make it work with what we had.

First, we got rid of our college-esque futon Jeff had for far too long, and we got us some "grown-up" couches... which put us in debt. Second, we decided we didn't want to be in debt... so we stopped the process of making our apartment a home. Until recently, God has provided extra money here and there, so we started with our living room. Yay! Hopefully I can show you Ella's room next! Just a few more little details til it's complete!

I change my mind way too often on colors and ideas, and we just cannot afford that. Because of that, I decided to try a more "classic"look- using neutral colors and nothing too crazy. Haha.

I read an article and have been convicted of how we use social media to put up this "I have a perfect life"on display, so to negate that know: 1. this blog post exists only because it has been one of Ella's longest naps... ever 2. one of those silly frames keeps falling 3. most of the pictures in the frames were taken off of my iphone and printed on to computer paper haha 4. the rest of my house is a M.E.S.S.  5. the rest of the house remains pretty plain 6. there are lots and lots of holes in our walls- thanks to yours truly :) 7. those fresh flowers are pretty much dead... etc.

Hope you like it and are inspired! Have a sweet week!

3 comments:

  1. love it! everything looks so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Don't be like your Tia having so much stuff in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Wish I could come and enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete