Friday, May 17, 2013

be still



I haven't written anything too spiritual here in a long time. To be honest, nothing quite spiritual has been happening in my life. It's been a rather dry season for me- actually the driest I've experienced. And it has been a bit discouraging to seek God day in and day out and have Him still feel so far away.

But yesterday I attempted to seek His face, yet again, and ended my time by asking Him to speak to me. To let me know He is still there. Still alive and active in my life.

I'm not familiar with all babies, but I know, one thing for sure, is that Ella takes after her mama. She is always on the go. She's my little squirmy wormy- always reaching and grabbing, looking and touching, squealing or screaming, laughing or wiggling, and all while chewing on something. Haha. Last night was a little different. As I was getting her ready for bed, she just laid her head on my shoulder and was still.
For what seemed like forever. I ate it up and resisted the urge to squuueeze! Every second was sweeter than the last. My heart was full.

After I put her down to sleep, I went to journal that special moment and began to analyze it a little.  What did it take for her to be so still? It meant that she was at peace, comfortable, confident, rested, without worries or anxieties, without distractions, and content with where she was and what she had.

He spoke.

"This is what it means to be still, Brigette. Be still in my presence. Be with me! Rest your head on my shoulder. Be at peace with me. Be comfortable and confident in me. Find rest in me. Bring your worries and anxieties to me. Rid yourself of things that distract you from me. Be content with where you are and what you have in me."

Wow!

Think about how I, with my selfish, impatient and at times conditional love, dearly treasured that moment of my daughter being still... How much more our Heavenly Father treasures our stillness in His perfect, steadfast, and unfailing love!

If you would like to support my shop, you can purchase the art printed above here and get it in a color of your choice. Or you can download it for free here. For personal use only.

Either way, let's remember to be still in Him, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment