Wednesday, October 2, 2013

my soul

Friends, I am running.

Not running for exercise or fun (?).

Just literally running around my house like a crazy person. I run from playing in the living room with Ella to my bedroom to answer an email. From there I run to the kitchen to throw a freezer meal in the crock pot- or else we'd be having a very nutritious Rally's (aka Checker's) meal for dinner because Lord knows I do not have time to make a fresh meal.

And since I'm in the kitchen I might as well grab 2 double stuffed Oreos and a glass of milk. For breakfast. I sit down with Ella for some quality time while she climbs all over me and tries to dip those sweet little fingers into the milk (I may have let her taste an Oreo today).

Then I give in to the fact that I have way too much to do to be sitting on the carpet, so I run back into the bedroom to grab the laptop and run back into the living room to be with Ella. And try to design a few things in between her banging on my keyboard.

So glamorous, right?! Hahaha!

So, as you can tell I have superbly failed at being intentional.

I was up late last night working and I truly considered sleeping during Ella's naps during the day and then just working all night while she sleeps. This is how crazy it has been over here. But don't you worry, I still manage to get on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. Bah!

I'm ranting. I know.

But I was feeling super defeated last night and went to bed in tears.

I am just trying to make so many things happen right now.

Finish up a small Christmas card collection. Do the craft fair again. Take lots of classes.  Do part-time data entry for my mom's job. Launch a new real website someday with new products. Finish up my new logo which I had to ask/pay for help with because it still wasn't quite there (which made me feel all the more defeated). The list goes on.

But God is so good. He is so near. I asked for help and he answered- not physically, but spiritually. Which matters most to me.  He reminded me of His Word, which transforms me more that any little schedule I can make.

All these efforts are in vain if I'm losing my soul, and I lose my soul when God isn't my first love.

What does "gaining the world" look like for you? Is it money? Success? Fame? Likes on your Facebook posts? Double taps on Instagram? Mine are all of the above and more.

Are you forfeiting God for worldly pleasures? How do you battle this?


Feel free to download this little art print I made for you (and to complete my weekly challenge to practice calligraphy) as an encouragement to surrender to God instead of forfeit your soul to the world.

Much love!

4 comments:

  1. i am very amazed to see such kind of stuff. i really love it.
    Quality Beds and Mattresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thanks, Angelica! It has been so fun practicing. It's a little addicting! ;)

      Delete
  2. love your openness and honesty, I am battling similar struggles over in Texas. Thankful for your words, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, sweet girl! I'll be praying for us.

      Delete