Thursday, October 25, 2012

trust me enough

A non-baby post! It's okay that these are rare, right?!

Long, long ago I mentioned an interest in and a desire to do graphic design. It hasn't dwindled. I wish it would at times because I don't even know how to begin pursuing that.

But I think (hope) God is opening a small opportunity! Next month, the seminary is having a craft fair! That exclamation mark may be filled with more anxiety than excitement. The moment I heard of it, I knew I wanted to participate by selling the little designs I made below and more that I am working on, but was and am so fearful of the risk. What if I sit at my little booth and no one is interested? What would I say? Or if they give me polite smiles as they walk on to the next booth? What would I do? Ah, it would be so discouraging. 



I found some encouragement, though, via "Jesus Calling." God really speaks to me through this book. When I was still trying to decide if I was going to put myself out on a limb or not, at 3 in the morning, I read this:
"Trust Me enough to let things happen without striving to predict or control them. Relax, and refresh yourself in the Light of My everlasting Love... When you project yourself into the future, rehearsing what will do or say, (He knows me) you are seeking to be self-sufficient: to be adequate without my help. Rather than fearing your inadequacy, rejoice in my abundant supply. Train your mind to seek my help...This discipline will enable you to enjoy life more and to face each day confidently."

Exactly what I needed. I hope that is an encouragement to you too!

P.s. Yesterday, I turned in my paper work and money for my small booth at the craft fair. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment